My photo
"Where better to care for the soul than in the details of our daily lives?....The soul has an absolute, unforgiving need for regular excursions into enchantment. It requires them like the body needs food and the mind needs thought... An enchanted world is one that speaks to the soul, to the mysterious depths of the heart and imagination where we find value, love and union with the world around us. As mystics of many religions have taught, that sense of rapturous union can give a sense of fulfillment that makes life purposeful and vibrant." ~ Thomas Moore.

Friday, June 10, 2011

On Joy and Nature

Greetings Everyone.

Yesterday I went to a nursery, one of my favorites, and one of the most beautiful. I needed to purchase some plants to make my backyard garden beautiful for a July 4th BBQ. Of course I think its a good idea always to celebrate....anything at any time. I don't like waiting for ''holidays'' personally, I prefer to find any reason to celebrate. There is so much to celebrate so I say its a beautiful thing.
Once at the nursery, I came alive again seeing all the beautiful and lush plants and colors and exotic flowers never seen before....like Musical Notes


and White Swan Hibiscus


are just two of the exotic beauties I fell in love with there! 
Ohhhh ! to be able to buy plants and keep them alive indefinitely! I must go back for them because they still are tugging at my heart, and I want them with me.

But to tell my story, I fell in love .......and this made me aware that I was depressed and didn't realize it. That something was wrong but didn't quite know what it was......I realized my love for Nature's beauty and bounty was missing from my world because here in my sanctuary, lushness and vitality was gone. My garden was no longer radiating and I was feeling it poignantly. At the nursery I came alive again and felt something return to me......my Inner Joy

What I came to understand is alot about JOY.....only now do I get to learn about it and what it is, what it does..... and that it is directly aligned with GOD or maybe even is GOD itself.

For this July 4th BBQ, I decided to get the garden in better shape than it is. It is already for most people a place of beauty and serenity but it is void of many flowers, lushness, and veggies as many things have been damaged by summer heat, drought and grasshoppers. We are having fires and water restrictions so the plants are either dying from lack of rain, because they don't like the city water, or from grasshoppers decimating everything. I've been heartbroken. I did not realize this heartbrokeness of my garden, until I announced that I wanted to make the garden green and flowery for the 4th of July BBQ. When my hermit roommate said he also wanted to buy another Thryalis plant, which is very fragrant, we decided to go to the nursery together.....talk with him limited to traffic. oy! 
But once at the nursery, the flowers and abundance set me into my rightful place of pure Joy. I realized I had been out of Joy because I am intimately and symbiotically connected not only to plants, greenery, trees and flowers but more importantly, to their vibrancy and health, they must be doing well for me to feel happiness. I don't know if many people have this ''dependency'' but I know I do. The Green Kingdoms are GOD's love made manifest....but I realized deeply today, that when Nature in my living space is happy and healthy, lush and blooming, so am I, when its not, I'm not.
I cannot deny this connectivity anymore and realized that I can spend my life in a Lush Garden, creating them, tending them, Being with them, communing with them....... and be very happy.
So do other people but they don't yet realize it. A clue is found in where people go when they are on vacation.....to places lush with Nature like tropical places, mountains, oceans etc.....to feel happy and rejuvenate. I have only my garden to work on and when its' happy and green and lush, I feel peace, its peace, which is reflected in its Beauty, and that is a frequency of Harmony. I can see GOD's face in Nature....and feel its love. What I learned about myself is that my relationship with Nature is absolute. I feel what it feels. It seems its been crying to me, and I've been feeling its woes....as my own. It's been dry, thirsty, not just for water but for nitrogen rich rain water...its been slowly dying, turning yellow and dying, or...being eaten away by insatiable hungry pests. The edges of the leaves then turn brown, then the whole leaf, then the plant just wants to die. With myself, something has been eating away at my edges until I felt raw, unnerved, discontent, praying for rain and for some other nourishment I could not name...just like the plants. I've been feeling this in my own essence as if it were myself. 

The plants here.....all of them, are my charge, I am their steward because I have brought them here. They've been taken out of their own natural environment where Nature provides for them in perfection. In Nature they would be fine without HuMan care. But because they've been taken out of their natural state, they depend on me for their needs. Everything I've planted on this property is transplanted from their natural place. So they are dependent upon me for what they need if Nature is not giving it to them. Not knowing precisely what that is I have not been able to. And they have suffered and slowly died off. My insides have felt it all. 

 I became my own wetiko, out of sync when out of my Joy......that which is directly connected to GOD. I became mental, confused, asking the questions of purpose, the point, the use, wtf's, and all else too. I was out of my element, that which I love. With the plants and a garden to tend, I am IN my element.





So I just came from gardening today and what little I could do on this day made me happy, and knowing I have more gardening to do, more plants to plant and more greenery to watch grow, drip with water and exude an invisible vibrant life, unseen except by its perkiness and fragrance, I am excited and have reconnected with my intimate place in the world. I hope I can remember this again when I falter and get lost, that the Beauty shown by GOD's manifestation in Nature.... is my Joy, and that being a co creator of gardens is one of the most natural and joyful things one can do.
This would apply to anyone who has a Joy, be it playing guitar, painting, gardening, singing, dancing, writing, etc.......this is your part of expressing that which is GOD and I don't know of anyone who is not happy being creative. This is where your surrender happens naturally, effortlessly...the way we like it.....you lose that which doesn't serve GOD/YOU.....the mind.....which is the entry point of wetiko. The passion of being creative with our Joy is the way out of wetiko. The Joy makes you impervious to the dark mind. And it is this very Joy that is the frequency that takes you out of the patrix....and a steady holding of this passion/joy/love/creative frequency is, I believe, what will allow us to slip n' slide into the New World....or 5th dimension or higher.....the Beauty.

Today I didn't eat as much, I had no cravings, I desired nothing......only to do what I was doing because I love it....planting a Garden. I did not even need music because I was singing.......but more importantly I WAS the Song. My Song is playing with the Green Kingdoms. 

Gardening is only one face of the Divine. Singing is another, Dancing another, writing poetry or inspirational words is another, cooking nourishing meals is another, so is loving your beloved....there are infinite Divine Songs and Dances. Let us play in this Field.
So it is.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts and comments are always appreciated and responded to when possible.