My photo
"Where better to care for the soul than in the details of our daily lives?....The soul has an absolute, unforgiving need for regular excursions into enchantment. It requires them like the body needs food and the mind needs thought... An enchanted world is one that speaks to the soul, to the mysterious depths of the heart and imagination where we find value, love and union with the world around us. As mystics of many religions have taught, that sense of rapturous union can give a sense of fulfillment that makes life purposeful and vibrant." ~ Thomas Moore.

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Christmas Gets to Stay a While

I've never liked taking "Christmas down"....in fact I hated it, so much that it made me depressed. I didn't understand why such a giving and loving time of year filled with such cheer, anticipation, and beautiful lights and decoration everywhere had to end. So I promised myself that when I grew up, I'm still waiting for that to happen!....that I would keep Christmas up the way I liked it. I don't keep the tree, but I do keep various white lights up as well as sparkly things.

Here was Santa in the kitchen table was created on the spur of the moment when a friend said she was coming over for Xmas Tea. I keep a Moroccan Tea set on the table as it is beautiful on its own, but I removed the pot to add a Xmas something....I looked around....

John said he heard some scuffling in the chimney on Christmas Eve and that he suspected we had a visitor. What he didn't know was that I enchanted Santa with my special Pixie Dust and shrunk him and captured him in my jar! Don't worry, I gave him some snow and fresh pine to make him feel at home and he won't know any time has passed.....such is the magic of pixie dust! And I will let him out just before Christmas of 2012 to do all that he has to do.....ok?? :D:D:D




I began to feel bad about keeping Santa captured, even with snow and pine for him, so I made an agreement with him......he will keep the Christmas cheer all year long for me, because I was kind enough to provide him with his comforts and I promised to let him go just in time to be Santa again.

And I so loved the white lights so much I decided to keep them/ So with Santa gone I had to replace it with something. For a few days I had the candles and my beloved giant gilded pine cones and I removed the pine branches and added the grape leaves I keep finding in the garden. For some reason they have me bedazzled of their beauty! I just love the way they glow in the lights....and they really look like this. Amazing.



Now I have removed the glitter candles and replaced them back on the mantle, and added my Garden Fairy.




So you see? Christmas is always whispering its magical presence somehow, some where in my house. I love it!

 And now the rechargeable batteries have died and it may be a while before I can take any more pics......and my beloved Pammie is waiting for her pics I promised! Just be patient Pammie! I promise you won't have to wait as long as I've been waiting ! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts and comments are always appreciated and responded to when possible.