My photo
"Where better to care for the soul than in the details of our daily lives?....The soul has an absolute, unforgiving need for regular excursions into enchantment. It requires them like the body needs food and the mind needs thought... An enchanted world is one that speaks to the soul, to the mysterious depths of the heart and imagination where we find value, love and union with the world around us. As mystics of many religions have taught, that sense of rapturous union can give a sense of fulfillment that makes life purposeful and vibrant." ~ Thomas Moore.

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving to You All!

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you who see this.
I am MOST grateful today, being able to shop this week, and this time at a new store we didn't have here in these parts yet, Trader Joe's. Before I even walked in, all the Holiday Greenery outside hooked me and I got my Holiday Greens.
 I found those little cypress style evergreens I wanted for the first time, and had no idea where to find them and lo and behold, there they were in two sizes at affordable prices, in silver and gray containers, perfect......with glitter I might add! :D:D:D. 
I got pine garland, a boxwood wreath, a mixed green swag.......a miniature FRAGRANT rose, a white flowering plant I have never seen before, organic apples, raw cashews for ice cream and a bottle of wine for $2.99!? we shall see if it is decent.....everyone looked at my cart and commented how beautiful it was with all the greenery and miniature flowers and I couldn't stop smiling at everyone, and so many people smiled at me too. One of the managers also loved my cart and said all I needed was candles which I DID need actually but didn't know they carried and there were the tapers cheaper than any I'd found before! A perfect day.


I am so grateful today and wish for everyone always, healthy delicious food, beautiful shelter, loving friends and family, health, joy, wealth and Gardens of Beauty!







sharing this with Home and Garden Thursday
 
and with FRENCH COUNTRY COTTAGE

and with The Charm of Home


          





12 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to you sweet lady... and thank you sooo much for your comments and support!... chat soon, xoxo... Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blessings to you, Dear One.

    So happy to have Net-met you. A person who loves/values magical and whimsey and etc. Sadly, there are not that many such blogs, in Pretty Blog Land. And I treasure those, I find.

    Happy, Happy Thanksgiving,
    Tessa~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I wish I knew of more who are magical, and whimsical....it is a lonely place but fun once I give in to it.....:D.....there is another one who throw great parties especially for Halloween, she is always up to something a d o r a b l e!
      http://afancifultwist.typepad.com/a_fanciful_twist/
      But I thank YOU for being here and saying so. bless you!

      Delete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving Serena. Your basket does looks so pretty with all the lovely greens, I cant wait to see what you do with them. We all have so much to be thankful for and your friendship is certainly something I am thankful for. Wishing you and John a wonderful day.
    The sun is coming up here and it is supposed to be 88. Not exactly thanksgiving weather, but again something to be thankful for, would not trade for the snow and cold in the east.
    A big hug for you.....Sherry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sherry I have you on my mind alot these days wanting to ask how things are going. I so wish I were there to help with the "fun" aspects! But I thank you so much for being here.....for READING ...... and always being so gracious with your compliments. It is you who deserve them.
      Our weather is totally bi-polar! with a dash of A.D.D. to boot!......hot and humid like mid summer 80 deg. with 90% humidity! it was disgusting, then within hours down to the 50's and cold. I prefer this cold, it is easy to get warm and cozy. warmest hugs to you.

      Delete
  4. Trader Joes convert! What a wonderful time you must have had! Actually being in the crowds can be fun when we have a smile on, don't you think? Have a lovely happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I AM a convert! on top of finding things I like the prices were 30% to 50% cheaper than Whole Foods and ALL their foods are said to be non gmo, etc...I forget all he said.....not all is organic but their selection was decent and the prices superb!
    I love hearing from you, I wish I could respond via email but you are still a ''no reply blogger''....just a hint in case you don't realize....but I am fine responding to you here if you return to see it :D. hugs, Lady

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, how did I miss THIS? Lovely my friend. Have a super weekend! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  8. That basket looks gorgeous filled with your holiday greens, and florals!
    Very romantic.
    Enjoy this season of delight.
    Debbie
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a very very very late Thanksgiving greeting, dear friend, but I am THANKFUL more than you could ever know for YOU.
    And you have a TJ's now...YAY! Isn't it fun?? The do have such luscious greenery, I know those little glitter trees well! :) I'm so happy for you that you have this option now...the atmosphere there is usually very friendly and welcoming...and did you know they will let you taste anything in stock before purchasing? Anyway...I love your cornucopia here... :) Fun and beautiful...what more could one want? :)
    Much love to you,
    - Irina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how gorgeous is this post, Lady of the Woods! HELLO!

    Life is so busy with work. I am getting up at 3:30 lately just to get to blogs and comments and emails....I thank you so much for coming over to visit. May peace reside in your home and in your heart, FOREVER! LOVE! Anita

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts and comments are always appreciated and responded to when possible.